WHO YOU ARE IN CHRIST
Standing firm in who you are in Christ is an essential part of winning the battle for your mind. The resources below can help us make this stand. It can be useful to revisit this list and speak the truth of who you are over your life regularly.
FINDING GOD’S JOY IN THE EVERY DAY
Staying full of the joy of God in the challenges of life can be hard. Below are some scriptures and practices that can help us remain joy filled.
Psalm 118:24 – This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Philippians 4:4-5 – Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Psalm 37:4 – Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Ways to feel better right now
- Take a walk in the garden or outdoors – pray as you do this.
- Take a moment to intentionally focus on God and delight in him for who He is.
- Dance or sing to God.
- Tell yourself 5 good things about yourself.
- Encourage someone else by telling them that you love and appreciate them.
- Do something to help someone else.
- Call a close friend and just chat.
- Close your eyes and imagine a place of safety, and take 10 slow, deep breaths. Bring to mind some scripture you have memorised.
- Honour God in the ordinary by finding joy in the simple things God has placed around you.
- Be thankful for what you have – list 5 things you are thankful to God for.